To begin with...

I am not a great writer! But, want to be one someday….  To write is my biggest dream ever! I always like to write, but I never ever made a serious effort to practice it regularly. I talk, talk and talk: to myself, to the walls, to my kids, and of course to anyone around. My thoughts flow when I talk informally with people, but somehow it gets blocked when I write it down. I was even asking someone the other day whether there is software that can convert all chattering into writing. I did get an answer; Google speech to text, which I am not planning to use until I get hands on to writing very well! I had to make a big decision before the New Year started, to write or to not! Finally, I chose to write! I believe that writing can help me achieve plenty of things both personally and professionally. For me, the foremost reason for my writing fervor is to improve the way I express myself while communicating, both oral and written forms. Thoughts come out more clearly, and I get a close to a clear answer (sometimes clear!!!) for the most disputed topics in my mind. The second one is to learn more, research more about anything that is out there and open up a discussion platform. It has been quite some time since I have been part of an active discussion (sensible too!!!!). It has just not been possible because of the sweet and sour responsibilities (both are equally sweet and sour!!!!) in my life. 

It's well-known what it means to bring two kids into this world and raise them up without family’s support. I am no exception, but the age difference between them and the tantrums they throw relentlessly are driving me crazy! I was a full-time mom for almost 18 months, but I have recently taken up a part-time job in Science Writing. It's as wondering for me as it is to many that it means a lot to get something done as scheduled! However, when I think of my life before even my kids were born, especially after arriving in the US, it was not as interesting and ambitious as it is right now! I am clogged, disorganized (completely) and tired, but I am happier than ever! My kids made me more passionate and ambitious! They have taught me to accept challenges, fight over it and move ahead positively in life! They have made me bend down to my knees with love. Thanks to them! I have not achieved anything stunning as yet, but I have the confidence to achieve anything that I aspire for!  


Again, I am not a great grammarian or a vocabularist, but I am looking forward to learn, interact and contribute. Believe me, my writing can only get better! I plan to write about a simple incidence, or a week’s happenings, or even about something that took ages for me to understand!! I plan to write on food, food-recipes, health, hygiene, dance, parenting, science, politics, health care, governments, fashion, beauty, sarees, jewelry, tradition, agriculture, farming, flowers, radios, railways, roadways, etc. The list is never ending! Shortly, I am just starting out to be a little organized and would like to register my thoughts at a reliable place where my family and friends can visit and cherish!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tha ki ta - tha ka dhi mi: My Dance Journey

A Worthy Attempt to a Suave Beauty!

A memory to cherish...